Wednesday, August 13, 2014

DIY Notebooks

DIY Notebooks

This year, I decided that I had enough lined paper at home to skip buying notebooks for classes. I didn't have binders, though, and I don't really like using binders anyway. So, I decided to just make my own notebooks with my lined paper and scrapbook paper. If you're interested in doing this as well, here are the steps for making your own notebooks:

1. First, I gathered the amount of paper I wanted for a notebook and lined the papers up together neatly. 

2. I placed a piece of patterned card stock on top of the stack of lined paper and lined it up with the bottom and left side of the stack of lined paper. 

3. I flipped the stack of paper so that the patterned card stock was now facing down. I used a pencil to draw a dot on the inside of the patterned card stock where the holes were in the lined paper. Then, I cut holes in the card stock. In order to add a back cover, repeat this process with another sheet of patterned paper that you will add to the bottom of the stack of lined paper. 

4. I then threaded twine through the holes and tied it twice. 

5. Once I had put twine through each hole, I trimmed the patterned paper to make all of the paper one size. 

It may be easier to turn the pages of the notebook if you use more flexible string or ribbon rather than twine. The sturdier the scrapbook paper you use for your cover, the sturdier your notebook will be. You can do this with plain paper as well and add a design, as I did with one of my notebooks.



DIY Notebooks


DIY Notebooks
Livi
Do you personalize your school supplies?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Included in the Southern Girl Blogging Community That's Fresh Friday linkup: http://www.thespeckledpalate.com/2014/09/11/southern-girl-blog-community-presents-thats-fresh-friday-link-42/

No comments:

Post a Comment