Thursday, August 21, 2014
Puppy Chow Popcorn Recipe
Puppy chow is a wonderful, simple recipe that reminds me of childhood. My family would make it when we spent time with our cousins, especially on trips. It's a great snack for kids, but adults love it just as much! I decided to take the recipe and change it a little since I recently learned how to make popcorn on the stove. So, I made the recipe as usual, but put the chocolate mixture over popcorn instead of rice cereal. This is the recipe:
-9 cups of popcorn
-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (though I usually wing it with this measurement)
-1 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 cup peanut butter
1. Make the popcorn. Put the popcorn in a large bowl that has enough room for the popcorn to move as you mix it with the chocolate later.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stove.
3. Add the peanut butter and let it melt and blend with the chocolate.
4. Pour the peanut butter chocolate mixture over the popcorn and mix. I usually add a little at a time and stop to mix it in, rather than pouring it all in at once.
5. Shake powdered sugar over the popcorn and mix well.
This is a delicious dessert or snack to have on hand! It's hard to make this recipe last for very long- it's so good!
Included in the Southern Girl Blogging Community That's Fresh Friday linkup: http://www.thespeckledpalate.com/2014/09/11/southern-girl-blog-community-presents-thats-fresh-friday-link-42/