Monday, August 11, 2014

Beach Date Night at Home


Beach Date Night at Home

Summer is associated with the beach. Unfortunately, when you and your husband aren't working full-time yet, long beach trips are out of the question. So, I had to bring the beach to us.

I planned a beach themed at-home date night. First, I picked our movie. I rented "Jaws" from the library. If your man doesn't mind watching a romantic movie with you, you could also watch a movie based on a Nicholas Sparks novel, such as "Safe Haven", "Dear John", or "Nights in Rodanthe". His books and their movies are usually set at the beach.

Food ideas include goldfish crackers, Swedish fish candy, lemonade, fish, fries, and fruit. For decor, I made a drawing of the waves and another drawing of a little beach. We have a sand castle bucket that I got for a day trip to the beach, so I set that out as well. I also set out a vase I made for some sea shells from our honeymoon. Next, I made a cootie catcher with phrases like "You and your cat will learn to surf and will win many competitions". If you have a beach ball, you could hit that around and play "don't let the ball touch the floor".




Lastly, I played music by the Beach Boys on the computer for K to hear when he walked in.
This date night is a fun way to celebrate summer and "get away" for a couple hours.

Livi
How do you celebrate summer?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE This idea. sadly, i think my hubby would just give me a funny look if i tried it... Getting creative with date nights are mandatory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura! Thanks for your comment! It's definitely a must to be creative with date nights...it saves some money and keeps things fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this! Such a great idea! We love creative but fun date night ideas :) the movies get old at times. Blessings!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I really appreciate it. Creative date nights are great.

      I just looked at your blog, and it's great! I'll be following it. :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a creative idea. I may need to borrow this idea. I love it! It is so cute and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katherine! I appreciate it! :)

      p.s. I just followed you on Google Plus!

      Delete
  5. Such a cute idea! I haven't even thought about doing a themed stay at home date. I'm going to start planning one now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ginger! Thank you! I'm glad that this idea inspired you!

      Delete
  6. We have an at home date night once a month and we always go with a theme. It's fun and makes us think outside the at home date box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Stephanie! I love how relaxing at home date nights are! It's a great idea to plan one every month.

      Delete
  7. That sounds like a blast! I love anything to do with the beach. :) We're lucky enough to live not too far from the coast, but I'll have to remember this for the colder months when a picnic on the beach isn't fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Natalie! Thanks! I love anything related to the beach, too :)

      Delete
  8. Awe what a sweet date night. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alyssa! Thank you! I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete