Monday, March 16, 2015
9 Thoughts You Have When You First Start Working Out Consistently
1. "Why haven't I lost 5 pounds yet?"
It's easy to expect instant gratification for your hard work, even if it's just been a week.
2. "I have no core muscles."
Is a 10 second plank impressive?
3. "I could totally run a 5k."
This is thought after only a few days of running...but, hey, it's good to have confidence in your abilities.
4. "You can actually see my biceps now when I flex!"
This may have come from personal experience. Seeing progress is the best feeling.
5. "Where are all my workout clothes?!"
You quickly realize that 1 pair of workout shorts isn't going to cut it.
6. "I could definitely workout this hard every day."
This thought lasts about two days.
7. "Walking from my couch to the fridge counts as exercise, right?"
8. "Why did I think I could do so many reps?"
This thought comes the next day when you're experiencing soreness.
9. "I'm so hot!"
The best part about exercise is the confidence boost. You should be proud of yourself!