Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Banana Bread


Banana bread is one of my favorite recipes to bake. It's simple, moist, and sweet. Plus, you can get away with eating it at any time of day. I decided to take my favorite banana bread recipe and tweak it so that it had a little more pizzazz. I love Yammie's Noshery's banana bread recipe, which you can find here:
http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2013/10/the-best-banana-bread-muffins-ever.html#wl5di0ueeGSlclSB.32

To make my banana bread, I used her recipe with just a couple of differences. My changes are in bold letters.

-3 brown bananas (1 cup mashed)
-2 eggs
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-3/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon cinnamon

-1/4 cup brown sugar (approximately)
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-1 teaspoon vanilla


Yammie tells you to make it in a gallon zip lock bag, which is a great idea. I didn't have any big zip lock bags, however, so I just mixed the ingredients together in a bowl. The great thing about this recipe is that you can easily mix it by hand with a fork; you don't even need an electric mixer or whisk. Here are the baking steps: (my changes to the recipe are bold)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and mash the bananas.
2. Mix in the eggs.
3. Add the sugar.
4. Add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
5. Mix in the oil and vanilla.
6. Grease your pan and pour in half of your batter. Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar generously over the batter. 
7. Add the rest of your batter to the pan and sprinkle more cinnamon and  brown sugar on top. Swirl it together with a fork.
8. Bake for 10-20 minutes at 375. Check after 10 minutes to make sure it hasn't started to over cook. 
9. Cool and dust a small amount of brown sugar on the top.
I skipped making the glaze since this was sweet enough on its own.

This bread turned out really well! It tastes like banana bread with a little extra cinnamon-y sweetness. Enjoy!

Livi

Included in the Southern Girl Blogging Community That's Fresh Friday linkup: http://www.thespeckledpalate.com/2014/09/11/southern-girl-blog-community-presents-thats-fresh-friday-link-42/

8 comments:

  1. Oh my word, my mouth is watering at just the recipe! I'm saving this one for next weekend! Thank you for sharing- it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Destiny!! I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. I'll be pinning and I would love of you shared this recipe at my weekly link up Delicious Dish a Tuesday (www.eatdrink-andbemary.com). I know the other party ogers would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! I would love to be a part of your link up! How do I get involved?

      Delete
  4. This sounds amazing. I've always loved banana bread, and this take on it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! Thanks! I just followed you on Bloglovin. :)

      Delete
  5. This looks delicious! I need to try it out. YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Thank you! I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete