Sunday, March 22, 2015
I've had Instagram for a few months now, and it has quickly become my favorite way to use social media. I feel so artsy when I use it. I've never done an Instagram challenge before, but I thought spring would be the perfect time to start. Every time I see a flowering tree, I feel compelled to take a picture of it. :) Here is the spring Instagram challenge that I came up with. I hope you'll join me!
Monday, March 16, 2015
1. "Why haven't I lost 5 pounds yet?"
It's easy to expect instant gratification for your hard work, even if it's just been a week.
2. "I have no core muscles."
Is a 10 second plank impressive?
3. "I could totally run a 5k."
This is thought after only a few days of running...but, hey, it's good to have confidence in your abilities.
4. "You can actually see my biceps now when I flex!"
This may have come from personal experience. Seeing progress is the best feeling.
5. "Where are all my workout clothes?!"
You quickly realize that 1 pair of workout shorts isn't going to cut it.
6. "I could definitely workout this hard every day."
This thought lasts about two days.
7. "Walking from my couch to the fridge counts as exercise, right?"
8. "Why did I think I could do so many reps?"
This thought comes the next day when you're experiencing soreness.
9. "I'm so hot!"
The best part about exercise is the confidence boost. You should be proud of yourself!
Sunday, March 8, 2015
DIY gifts are the best. They are fun to make, and they save money! One of the simplest gifts to make is bath salts. You just need a few ingredients, and it only takes 5 minutes to make. Here are the directions:
1. Gather your supplies. You will need:
- epsom salt
- a jar for storage
- a bowl and spoon for mixing
- an essential oil in the scent of your choice
2. Measure out the amount of salt you will need by pouring the epsom salt into your jar. This is how you will know that you are making the correct amount of bath salts.
3. Next, pour the salt into your bowl.
4. Pour a few drops of essential oil into the salt. Be careful when you are pouring, since the oil comes out quickly.
5. Stir the salt thoroughly to spread the scent evenly.
6. Spoon the salt back into the jar and lightly shake to even it out.
You're done! This is a thoughtful, relaxing gift perfect for anyone. You could also easily give this out as party favors.
What is your favorite DIY gift to make?