Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Verses about Angels, God's Protection, and Strength

Vicki and Livi: Verses about Angels, God's Protection, and Strength

Knowing that God is my protector and refuge gives me so much comfort. What's cool is that one of the ways He provides that protection is through His angels. Here are a couple of really awesome verses about the way angels help believers:


"God's angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray." Psalm 34:7, The Message

"Yes, because God's your refuge, the High God your very own home, Evil can't get close to you, harm can't get through the door. He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go. If you stumble, they'll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling." Psalm 91: 9-12​, The Message

​Isn't that so cool that their job is to help us? I also like how the second verse says that God is our home. I'm doing Beth Moore's Children of the Day Bible study right now, and she writes that we are just living here on earth temporarily, and that believers are really citizens of heaven. To me, that explains why God is the only thing that can truly satisfy us. I wasn't made for this broken world! And neither were you. That reminds me of this verse:

"Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works." Psalm 73: 23-26, 28​ (emphasis added by me) 


I also like how, in this last verse, the speaker says that he has found refuge in God and will tell people about what God has done for him. It's easy for me to be timid about telling people about God's work in my life and His Gospel, but God will guide me and be my strength. When I'm focusing on Him, I don't care so much about the excuses that keep me from boldly telling others about Him.

"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7

Livi

What verses have spoken to you lately?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment