Wednesday, October 29, 2014

We Were Nominated for the Liebster Award! Yay!

We have been blogging for a few months now, and we're so glad to have met awesome bloggers and their inspiring blogs! Blogging opens a lot of doors to amazing opportunities, such as the Liebster award. This award is for bloggers with under 200 followers, and blogs are nominated by other bloggers. We were nominated by Stacy at Anastasia Vintage. You should definitely check her blog out! She has so many gorgeous projects on her site that you can buy or use for inspiration in your home. Plus, her writing is so well done and entertaining. Thanks, Stacy!

Below, I (Livi) have answered 11 questions that she gave me, and then I will nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers. They will answer 11 questions and repeat the process.

1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
I wanted to blog with my mom, who shares a lot of the same passions as I do. We both go by nicknames that sound similar, and we thought it would be cute to put them together as our blog name, hence Vicki and Livi!

2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why? 
I think "creativity" is a great way to sum it up. Our passion for creative activities is what inspired us to blog, and most of our posts are related to creativity. Even our posts about faith can relate to creativity since God is the ultimate Creator!

3. What's your favorite pastime other than blogging?
I love baking and crafting. I love pretty much anything creative! It's also not uncommon to find me spending too much time watching Gilmore Girls.

4. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I love using blogging to share ideas with people. When I feel inspired or I am excited about a project, it's fun to write about it and share the post on social media. It's also a great way to find other blogs!

5. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself? 
I love the DIY Deskless Drawer on Stacy's blog, Anastasia Vintage. I love the idea of an organizer for keys and mail by the front door. Right now, stuff like that gets dumped on a desk near the door, which can look cluttered. Also, my sunglasses need a home when they're not in use! :)

6. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes from a lot of different places, but mostly from other blogs and Pinterest. I love finding ideas that are awesome and making them my own. Blogging is great because you find people with similar interests and they inspire your work.

7. What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
I have always wanted to visit France. I love the French language and culture. Paris would be my first stop, but I would definitely want to visit Marseilles and see the countryside. I would eat lots of bread and cheese while on a picnic on the beach of the Mediterranean, and it would be heavenly.

8. If you have children, what are their names? If not, what are your favorite boy & girl names?
I don't have children now, but I really love the names Emma and Eli. I also like bohemian names like Sage. I would love to use the name Olive for a little girl, but my name is Olivia, so I think those might be too similar.

9. A long lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
My first impulse is to buy lots of clothes (which I probably will soon tire of and then I will find an excuse to buy even more clothes...) Craft supplies are also something I love to buy. In the end, my husband, the future accountant, would tell me to save most of the money. So, we would save a lot of it for the future.

10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you've written so far? (Include the link!)
My favorite post that I have written is the Beach Date Night at Home. I love planning at-home date nights with my husband. My favorite part of these dates is that they are realistic and easy to replicate, so anyone can do them with their spouse. They're also just really fun!

11. What is your favorite food? 
Chocolate is definitely my weakness and my all time favorite food! As far as substantial food, I love salmon. So, hopefully, the healthiness of the salmon balances out the unhealthiness of the chocolate! :)

So, here are my nominations (based on number of facebook followers for their blog page):
Alysa @ AlysaLovely
Shelby @ Shelby Clarke Blog
Natalie @ Polka Dots & Pampers
Daisy @ Simplicity Relished
Heather @ Broken With Remedy
Alexandra @ With a Heart in Danger
Marissa @ My Old Heart
Martha Kate @ Seasons with the Strattons
Samantha @ Moving Peaces
Jen @ La Vida
Neive @ The Aussie Osborns

These are the steps to accepting your award:
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you (see below). Please comment on this post with your link when you are done so I can see your answers!
  • In your post, link back to the person/blog who nominated you and give a little thank you shout out.
  • After completing the questions, nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers on the social media platform of your choice, and give them 11 questions of your choice.
  • Notify your nominees of their nomination, and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.

These are your questions (I loved Stacy's questions, so I've kept them the same!):
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why? 
3. What's your favorite pastime other than blogging?
4. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
5. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself? 
6. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
7. What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
8. If you have children, what are their names? If not, what are your favorite boy & girl names?
9. A long lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you've written so far? (Include the link!)
11. What is your favorite food? 


Congrats, ladies! I loved finding your blogs and I will continue to read them! :)

3 comments:

  1. Here is a link to my Blog Post for the Award, thanks again: http://blgn4jesus.blogspot.com/2014/10/i-was-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! Here's my post in response: http://movingpeaces.com/little-qa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the nomination! Here's my post: http://www.withaheartindanger.com/?p=1171

    ReplyDelete