This morning, I was craving a decadent breakfast. Cereal wasn't going to cut it. Unfortunately, we were out of eggs, so I couldn't make coffee cake. While perusing my fridge, I remembered that we had some crescent roll dough. So, I decided to make homemade mini cinnamon buns. Here is how you do it:
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- butter spray, or about 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough on a greased cookie sheet while keeping it in rectangles (2 triangles of dough stuck together). You will have 4 rectangles. Lay each rectangle side by side and connect the dough together by pinching it with your fingers. You should now have 1 long rectangle of dough.
- Spray or pour the butter over the surface of the dough.
- Measure out 1 tablespoon of sugar and sprinkle over all of the dough. Repeat with 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Roll the dough ("hotdog style") from the longer edge of the rectangle to the other. You will have a long, thin roll of dough. Don't worry if the dough comes apart a little since you will cut it apart in the next step.
- Cut the dough into 12 even pieces and separate them on the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Here are some pictures of the process: